Monday, July 4, 2011

Before, during, and now....

I still have to work at losing a few pounds and getting less body fat %, but I worked hard and finally hit my original WW goal. It took a long time, but the first picture was when I realized I needed to take better care of myself and I joined Weight Watchers (it did not work for me - Jan 2007)... The next picture is in the middle of my journey (May 2009) when I became a runner and ran my first 5K (in 28 minutes). The final picture is the day I hit my WW goal (finally - April 2011). It took a lot of reading and learning and hard work as well as learning to lift weights to build muscle. I have really tightened my eating and given up dairy and most animal products.... I work out hard almost every day. And, I know this will always be a work in progress for me. There is no end to my journey... every day is a challenge of balancing health and fitness and nutrition. I know it will never be easy, but I hope my efforts help my girls have an easier time when it comes to their life journey.



2 comments:

  1. Wow, you look great Kristi! All your hard work has obviously paid off. Very motivating!

    ReplyDelete